Monday, June 16, 2008

This Old House

It's been on the market now for about 6 weeks. We've had 7 or 8 showings but none of them have resulted in an offer.

I'm usually okay with that. I've always known that this is a unique house and that it will not sell as quickly as other smaller homes. And yet, all too often I find myself worrying and wondering.

A few weeks ago, Michele and I were talking with some friends and Michele said that she had a thought that popped into her head that was something like, "The timing will be just right." What was really neat is that I had almost the same thought the day before. The fact that we both had the same thought, almost word for word has been a real encouragement to me

So now, everytime I begin to worry and obsess, I remind myself that the timing will be right. I just hope that the right time will be sooner, rather than later.

I can always hope, can't I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister just went through a similar selling situation in Victoria. I can't remember exactly how long her house was on the market.. but it was a while. I know she was feeling discouraged. Then.. out of the blue.. in the matter of a day... they had two offers. (The timing was right, I guess) :-)

Anyway.. they have just recently moved into their new place and are now busy getting settled.

Everything worked out beautifully.. but I know how stressed she was while waiting for a buyer.

Hang in there. The right person maybe just around the corner.

mmichele said...

hoping is always allowed.