Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A Much Too Eventful Day

On Wednesday, Michele and I were involved in a car accident. I think my car is totalled. We are mostly okay, except for Michele's broken ankle, my whiplash and a few assorted bruises.

We were on our way to drop off groceries for a rather large catering job on Thursday. Most of the groceries survived except for one litre of cream that exploded and the watermelon that was cracked and bruised. I was shocked when I saw the coffee tin with the huge dent in it too and realized that we were very fortunate to get away from there with only minor injuries.

The catering went very well as we had some excellent help-Joey and Chelsea who stayed home from school and Kim, who had a day with nothing planned. We couldn't have done it without them.

Michele is at home, resting with her foot up and learning how to use crutches. I am icing my shoulder and neck and today, I'll take it easy too.

And in case you're wondering, it wasn't my fault. I had the green left turn arrow and was proceeding into the intersection when someone in a small car (thankfully it was small) blew through a red light and hit my car.

Ouch.

2 comments:

Bert said...

I am icing my shoulder and neck today

Aren't you supposed to put icing on the cake for your catering ?. (sorry)

So glad that you and Michele are OK. Someone was watching out for you both.

mmichele said...

some events are better left unattended.