I just spoke with my insurance adjuster and she told me that the guy who hit me is not claiming responsibility. What a jerk!
There were lots of witnesses but none of them gave me a name or phone number. I wanted to run across the intersection after it happened to get names and numbers of the people in the cars who were stopped at the red light but nobody would let me. I was in shock so I could not think clearly enough to ask someone else to do it.
So, now, it's my word against his.
I know how this will end. At the very best, I will be found 50% responsible, which is a likely scenario. At worst, I will be fully responsible. Most often the person turning left is the one charged because he/she has to make sure the intersection is clear. Well, I had the green left turn arrow and the intersection was clear until he blew through the red light.
And he seemed like such a nice young man.
2 comments:
I remember him saying "I'm sorry"
and "It was an accident."
I'll be there in a few weeks. Let me know his address and I'll "lean" on him a little. No one messes with MY family and get's away with it. >;-(
Post a Comment