But this post is not about the gym. This post is about a television show you just may want to watch if you have the good fortune of being at home with nothing better to do than watch TV at 10:00 in the morning.
I don't watch much TV at home-usually the 10:00 news and if I can stay awake, the local news at 10:30. I am however, able to watch TV at the gym. I'm on the cross-trainer around 9:00 in the morning and I usually have several television show options. They are the Sports channel, children's TV (why that channel, I don't know. There isn't anyone younger than 18 there at that time), some entertainment show and something call City TV.
None of those shows really interest me but I generally end up watching City TV. It reminds me of the women's magazines that Heather loves to hate but it is in the form of a TV show. They usually have a guest on the show who talks about fashion, home decor, the latest plastic surgery available, food and anything else people (women) might find interesting. Today, I learned a great decorating tip that I would like to pass on to you, my blogger friends.
When you have a party at your home you would hate to run out of toilet paper, wouldn't you? (Collective nod of the head) Some people have a type of cylindrical holder by the toilet but that hides the toilet paper and your guests might not know that is where the extra TP is kept. (What kind of friends does she have?)
Well, our designer has come up with a cute fun way to keep your TP in plain sight. I have attempted to duplicate this but it wasn't easy. Designers always make things look so easy but really, they tend to be difficult to copy. Here is my effort:
To brighten it up, you're supposed to put silk flowers in the holes but I didn't have any. I've gotten rid of a lot of my junk so there was nothing I could put into the holes to show you just how attractive this might look in YOUR bathroom for your next event.
Actually, I was thinking of buying some OHenry bars and putting them in the holes. My guests might appreciate that.
There was one other tip that I found particularly interesting but I can't remember it right now. If I do, I'll post that at another time.
Eat your heart out Rena Nerbass!
9 comments:
we must buy that rena nerbass book. this is certainly a tip worthy of her and you have done an admirable job replicating this in your own home. maybe you could paint the ends of the toilet paper in complementary paint colours... and what about christmas lights in december?!
on the other hand, this is a do it yourself tip that I CAN ACTUALLY AFFORD AND HAVE THE TIME TO DO!
Oooo... thank you for that most valuable tip! It will go nicely in my newly renovated bathroom! Perhaps I'll roll some of those women's magazines and slide them into the holes for people to read while they "contemplate".
Good to know I'm not missing anything really important in all those daytime TV shows I don't watch!
Think of what O'Henry bars look like, eh? :)
Okay. It's offical. I have heard it all.
City TV is a product of Toronto. Figures, eh? I don't watch it, though. Really! I don't.
AND THEY GET PAID FOR THIS?!!!!!
Oh Henry bars....very clever!
hehehe.. that is so funny. I must admit to watching City TV on occasion. It is filmed in Toronto and always reminds me of my time in that wonderful city.
Post a Comment