Saturday, August 05, 2006

I'm Alive and Doing Fine

This will be short. I just wanted to let all of my blogger friends know that I'm alive and doing fine. I haven't blogged for quite a while-there has been much other stuff to keep me occupied this summer. Like...
  • the beautiful weather;
  • the fact that we have a pool and when people come over to swim, I need to sit out there and provide them with stimulating conversation and companionship;
  • watering my garden-It's been so dry here that it's hard to keep up;
  • going to Assiniboine Park to watch "Ballet in the Park";
  • renovating and fixing up the back porch;
  • spending time with Kristen*
  • enjoying time with Glenda and her family;
  • reading. I've read 2 books (Time Traveller's Wife and The Twins of Trebeca) although I didn't really enjoy either one of them too much. They were okay but just okay. (I know that there will be some people who do not agree with me, especially with The Time Traveller's Wife.) I still love reading and even books that don't really grab me can still be entertaining.

*Until now, Kristen has been home quite a lot this summer. She hasn't been getting many shifts at Esprit, the store where she works. We have had a great time! We've been going to the gym, doing some shopping and just kind of hanging out. It's been just wonderful. She's still feeling well and I too am feeling content.

She just got another job at Aqua-Tech, a pool store. Eric's been working there for quite a few years and now Kristen is there. That means we will get our pool chemicals at a discount for a little bit longer. That's great and it's a good place to work. And Kristen will have a full time job until the middle of October. That is a good thing.

Monday night Jed came over to our house for a week. He's actually doing quite well. The mop and pail have been put to good use but as it's only in the kitchen, I don't mind too much (except when I step in it). And for Micah's information, there has been very little mounting going on.

Here's a picture of the dog cousins:


As you can see, Jed is howling as only a coon hound can howl and Sammy is looking rather pathetically at me. When I leave the fenced area of the back yard, they wait for me there, in the corner and look very sad until I return. Jed has taught Sammy how to whine and Sammy has taught Jed how to pace.

Oh well, at least they're getting along.

3 comments:

Heather Plett said...

Glad to see you around for a change! Glad we'll soon be some of those people you have to sit with around the pool (that is, if it quits raining).

Anonymous said...

I understand completely.. blogging is more of a winter sport, at least for me. Our Manitoba summers are just so short (and wonderful).

I was almost relieved to hear you were not crazy about "The Time Travellers Wife". I had heard so many good comments on it.. but I had such a difficult time reading it.. I just could not get into it.

So glad that all is well with Kristen.

I think the puppies look adorable. :-)

mmichele said...

oh my jed!

i can't wait to hold him and kiss him again!

it's really hard to be patient enough to blog here... that's my excuse.