Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Too Cold to Talk

We in the west are experiencing bone chilling, outrageous, excruciating cold weather. I want to stay inside today, sit in front of the fireplace and read a good book but alas, I must work. And I have a meeting to attend tonight.

Poor Gabriel. He is our new international student, arriving today, from Brazil. If I were him, I'd just turn around and head back home.

The things I've said about Winnipeg being the best place in the world to live? I take them all back.

For today, anyway.

4 comments:

Heather Plett said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe he's coming TODAY of all days! Poor guy - does he have any idea what he's in for?

joyce said...

I generally want to apologize to all people visiting or immigrating to winnipeg on days like this. I can hardly stand it, how could they possibly?!

ccap said...

You know, Gabriel, it can only go up from here. :-)

joyce said...

how is Gabriel? without a word of a lie, I think of him whenever I have to navigate the outdoors. Poor chap.