Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's Friggin' Cold

We are in the middle of an arctic chill here in the great white north. With the wind chill factored in, it feels like it's -30 C or even colder and I'm getting a little cranky. So, in order to cheer myself up, I thought I'd come up with 10 things that I'm thankful for.
  1. Unlike Dixie the dog, I'm grateful that I can do my business indoors.
  2. The parking pay stations that were installed downtown last year don't work when it's cold. I parked for free twice last week and saved myself two dollars!
  3. Triple pane windows
  4. Slippers
  5. Comfort food
  6. Long johns
  7. Moisture wicking clothing (we had our first outdoor cross country skiing class last night)
  8. Wine-warms my feet like nothing else
  9. The sun
  10. A car with a good heating system

4 comments:

mmichele said...

such language!

Heather Plett said...

You came downtown TWICE last week and still haven't met me for lunch?!

Anonymous said...

This morning it was -8 in Beamsville. The DJ on the radio was talking about how cold it was.
After visiting with all of you there, I found it balmy outside.

Valerie Ruth said...

heated seats in a car are the best parts of being cold. i even use them when i have the a/c on in winter!