Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lifestyles of the Rich and Infamous

On my way home this morning, after dropping my brother and sister-in-law off at the airport, I stopped at the grocery store. When I was finished, I loaded the groceries into my car and brought the cart away. As I was walking back, I watched a woman squeeze into the spot right beside me. I wish I had checked to see what kind of car she was driving. All I noticed was that it was spotlessly clean, scratch free, dent free and very large. My Toyota Corolla on the other hand has a few dents and scratches and wasn't nearly as clean as the woman's fancy car. It still looks good and it's a great little vehicle.

I waited patiently, certain that she would move her car because she would realize that it would be hard for me to open the door and get into mine.

To my surprise, she got out of her car and started walking towards the store. I called after her and said (very nicely), "You haven't left me much room to get into my car."

She walked over to me, looked at the space between our 2 cars, shrugged her shoulders and said matter of factly, "That's what happens when you have a luxury car" and she turned and walked away.

11 comments:

ccap said...

Oh my goodness! That's like something out of a movie!

Anonymous said...

It's at times like that, that you open your door so that it touches the "luxury" car and hold it tightly against the car, and then get into yours. This will leave a small reminder to the"luxury car" owner to leave a little more room.
By the way, we got home safely.
Now we have to make our own food again!!!
Thanks again for your hospitality.

Lyd. said...

That's when I would squeeze into my car and "accidentally" open the door a bit too far. (I'm not much for vengence, but that was just plain rude!)

Heather Plett said...

Oh my word! The arrogance!

Did you key her car?

Linda said...

Oh Heather, I was SO tempted to key her car but I didn't. John and Lydia, that is what I shall do the next time it happens!

mmichele said...

that is bizarre.

i hope that 'what goes around comes around' comes to HER.

Anonymous said...

People never cease to amaze.. that is just plain rude.

Valerie Ruth said...

i would have been vindictive. i'm pretty sure...

Larissa said...

I would freak! My blood pressure is rising right now actually..holy crap!

I'm back...... said...

I would have hit the car (with your car) and said "That's what you can do and not feel bad about it when you don't have a luxury car."

I can't believe that woman. If she and I happen to cross paths I'll give her a piece of my mind.

Bert said...

I know what I would have done. What a rich, arrogant *****.

You should have dented her door and left a note saying, "That's what you can do when you drive a Toyota Corlloa".