Saturday, January 19, 2008

I am in a state of shock.

I was at a retreat this weekend and we did the Myers/Briggs personality test. This was at least the 3rd, possibly 4th time I've done this. Every time I have been the same. ENFP. Every time.

Until today. Today, apparently, I am an ESTJ.

I'm shocked and don't quite know what to do with this. When I read the ESTJ profile, I think that's not me but when I read the ENFP profile, I think that's not me either. I am so confused! I always thought I knew myself but obviously I don't.

I think I'll redo the test in a month or so to see if "the new me" is ESTJ or ENFP. I just hope it's not something else because then I'll definitely have to go into therapy.

Last time I'm going to do one of those tests.

Harrumph.

6 comments:

I'm back...... said...

That sucks. Maybe there was a mix-up somewhere along the way with the questions? Not sure how that would work. I wouldn't take those things too seriously. In high school we had to do a career quiz to see what career we were suited for. Mine was drill press operator..... talk about being insulted! I cried for a week.

Heather Plett said...

An "expert" once assured me that a person doesn't change their Meyers Briggs in their lifetime, but I'm not sure I believe it. I am definitely more "I" than I used to be.

mmichele said...

maybe enfj?

Lyd. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyd. said...

We learned in psychology class that your personality never changes, however, one may become more introverted and may think more (as opposed to feeling) as time passes. I'm familiar with the test that you did, I'm an INFJ. It could be a glitch, or perhaps (as one of the books says, you could be both. For example, a E S and N T J.

Judy said...

Well, at least you are still extroverted!

I have always been an INTJ.

Always.

I think this means I am terminally weird. You don't want to be one of us. It's a hardship. :)