Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bored

I suppose that means I'm getting better.

It's hard to post anything new and exciting when you haven't been out and all your news of what's happening on the outside is coming from the people you live with or the CBC news which only seems to be reporting on Brian Mulroney and Karl Heinz Whateverhisnameis.

I got 2 new antibiotic perscriptions from the doctor yesterday. That's got to kill any kind of bacteria left in my body, don't you think?

I must be getting better. I'm complaining more.

On the bright side, my new favourite author is Sue Monk Kidd. I read "The Secret Life of Bees" for the third time this week. I also finished a book of short meditations of hers that I bought some time ago. Sue Monk Kidd has grappled with lots of spiritual issues in her life and currently I'm reading "When the Heart Waits" which is the story of her mid-life crisis journey. It is powerful stuff that I can really relate to although I would suggest to her to change the name of her book. It sound like one of those cheap romance novels.

Sue Monk Kidd's "When the Heart Waits" is to a romance novel what dinner at a five star restaurant is to no-name mac and cheese.

Really.

2 comments:

Heather Plett said...

I'm rather fond of Sue Monk Kidd as well. Have you read Dance of the Dissident Daughter?

Anvilcloud said...

I've read her too, but not this one. She's very good. She's been on quite a journey.