Ahhh. Finally feeling like my old self again.
We (Prairie Bounty) and Eric catered a successful job yesterday for a local Mennonite NGO. My sisters had done quite a lot of catering in the last few weeks as I whiled away my days on the couch. It was good to be back in action.
It was a pretty peaceful job and we found ourselves standing around in the kitchen for much of the time, occasionally moving around in the room where the event was happening, replenishing trays. While we were standing around, we talked about how much fun it would be to have an open house. We do love to cook together, especially for friends and family. We decided it would be on December 30, sometime in the afternoon or evening.
So... anyone who reads this blog is invited to attend. We'll be sending out emails and invitations but some people will inevitably be missed. If you are reading this post, you are welcome to join us. Email me if you need the address.
There was someone yesterday from the Celiac society and she asked us if we might be interested in catering for them. They have trouble finding people who can cook for them with their diet restrictions. That's the kind of job we like so hopefully she'll follow up. We are pretty good cooks but we are not very good at the administrative part of the job and alas, we forgot our business cards. Again. Fortunately, Yvonne found some in the bag with the serviettes so we were able to hand out a few. Michele said we need one more sister who is good at administrative stuff. Maybe we'll have to adopt.
One of the good things about catering is that we always have too much food. Yesterday we all took home some cut up fruit and veggies. Supper tonight will be a stir fry with fruit salad for dessert. Thanks MCC!
4 comments:
we're having fruit salad too! (ate all the veggies raw...)
I might be up for adoption in a few months... I'm nothing like a cook - I need a recipe for just about everything I make - but I'm very good at organizing/administrative stuff! :)
KRISTA!!! What a fabulous idea.
And LINDA!!! Nice to have you back.
So good to hear that you are feeling better. I am writing this on Dec.29th.. so your open house will be tomorrow. I wish you all the best with it.
Post a Comment