Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sammy

Sammy's gone to a better place. No. We did not put him down. I could not have done that.

On Saturday, we brought him back to "Cause for Paws," the place we got him from in the first place. They were able to find an adoptive couple for him by Sunday. That made me happy. Apparently, he is now living with an older couple-a very good match I think. I was honest about his behaviour with the CFP people because I didn't want him being sent to a home with children.

It was hard dropping him off at the foster home. On the drive home, Wes was crying and my eyes were a little wet. We knew we had done the right thing but it was still hard.

So long Sammy.

7 comments:

Valerie Ruth said...

i'm glad you guys reconnected with CFP and that they found him a good home. i hope they love him as much as you did.

-Me- said...

When we moved to MB 10 years ago we had to give our dog up too, because she was used to having lots of room to run, etc. I think my entire family cried the whole 5 hour drive to Winnipeg..its hard to give up a pet. We even visited her a few times after that....I hope that Sammy does well in his new home though!

Anvilcloud said...

It sounds like it's a good move for Sammy as well as the rest of you.

Dale said...

Yes, Linda. It was the right thing, the only thing to do. But still, you will miss him.

Judy said...

How sad, yet happy, too.

Anonymous said...

hi Linda,

the "red and white" closed down in Mimico, a truly sad moment because apparently they have been in the business for 30 years. anyways, i am writing an article for an on-line mag about this event. i found your reference to 'red&white' would you be willing to help with some info on 'r&w'?

karol
karol.kosnik@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

It takes courage to do the right thing. This sounds like the best for all.