A few days ago I realized in a new way that for most of my life, I have not appreciated my body. I have felt too tall, too short, too fat, too skinny, my feet were too big, my hair wasn't right, my knees were too knobby, my thighs too big, my arms too long...You get the picture.
For much of my life I have tried to beat this body into submission by doing both good and bad things to it. Dieting (bad), exercise (good).
As I was reading the Free Press today, I finally found the answer to my body woes.
All I need is a body makeover and I will look like this woman. Imagine, after living almost 50 years, married for about 28 of them and having 4 children, I can look like this. Oh joy. No need to diet, exercise or do anything except be willing to "go under the knife."
Recuperation would include me, lying on the couch for several weeks and having those wonderful children of mine at my beck and call. I'd read books, eat grapes, watch bad TV and read trashy magazines. At the end of it all, I'll look great with no effort on my part.
For mother's day, this is all I want. Start saving your pennies kids!
8 comments:
I am the same.. I have been dieting and wishing for a better body for as long as I can remember.. even back in high school. The funny part is that when I see photos of my younger self, I marvel at how thin and in what good shape I was. I just never saw it at the time. I wonder, when I am 80, and I look at photos of when I was 55, what I will think. I will probably say.. Man.. I looked good way back then. :-)
you're way better looking than her, hands down. and if you gripped your thighs and pulled them apart you'd get that little space as well.
We must have been looking at this page in the paper at the same time today. I saw that ad this morning also over breakfast and thought, "Hey, that looks like a good plan!!" YOU are beautiful though, you do NOT need it!!! I agree with Michele, you've got that girl beat!
I'm sure the children wouldn't want you to be any different.
i just saw the ad... did you see the smarmy little man at the bottom who will DO all this to someone?
physician, heal thyself.
But if you look like that, I won't want to hang around you anymore. So is it REALLY worth it?
If I got a few weeks to myself on the couch with people waiting on me and feeding me grapes, etc., I'd be willing to be molded into Frankenstein. Where can I sign up?
Okay, even I can see that the woman on the ad looks GROSS! I thought it was an ad against anorexia or something.
I love that your intent is to accept and love your actual body. That is mine as well.
Post a Comment