Friday, February 02, 2007

Hibernation

Today, I want to stay at home in my jammies, drink tea and let the world go by. Winter in Winnipeg feels like too much.

"Today..Sunny with cloudy periods. 30 percent chance of flurries this morning. Wind becoming north 20 km/h this afternoon. High minus 20. Wind chill minus 34 this afternoon. Tonight..A few clouds. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 32. Extreme wind chill minus 43. Saturday..Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 25. Extreme wind chill minus 44."

Those temperatures are in celcius. For those of you more familiar with fahrenheit, -44 is about -48 F.

Brrrrr.

7 comments:

Valerie Ruth said...

i'm hibernating too. and my dog has cabin fever. the most i've been able to do today is take him in the back lane and throw a ball for 10 min.

mmichele said...

what CAN one say when it is this darn cold?

Anonymous said...

This post is my answer to B asking me why we live so far away from all our cousins!

Anvilcloud said...

Remember when it seemed that we were going to have a warm winter. Brrr indeed.

Anonymous said...

I so know what you mean. This cold is starting to get old and yet I don't see any signs of it letting up.
This deep cold just makes every thing harder.

Whippersnapper said...

WHY? WHY? WHY do live in such a miserable climate???

Stay warm!

Judy said...

Being stuck in all weekend with my husband, I felt sincere thanks for the simple fact that I LIKE him.

To be stuck inside all weekend with someone I didn't like would have been torture.

Yet, I was happy to see him go to work on Monday, and I noticed he was smiling too...