Saturday, December 09, 2006

Random Thoughts

  • I just bought a new CD. It's Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong CD. What a beautiful CD. And it doesn't have "Oh Holy Night" on it. Thank goodness.
  • We bought our Christmas tree yesterday. I was away today until about 3:30 so Wes ended up decorating the whole thing. It looks lovely and smells divine. I think we'll stick to real trees.
  • Right now, I'm listening to my new CD while Wes is cooking supper, Kristen is sitting next to me working on a gift for CJ and Tim's around somewhere. It is a very peaceful, sweet Saturday afternoon. I am blessed.
  • Tonight we are going to the symphony with some friends of ours and out for late night snacks afterwards. It will be a lovely evening.
  • I had a music team practise this afternoon. It was wonderful. It amazes me how a bunch of amateurs can sound so good when they all work together.
  • I want to memorize the music to "The Christmas Song" this year.
  • I took Sammy to the vet yesterday. He has some skin problems-rashes and such. Apparently, rashes are fairly common in Cocker Spaniels. Taking him to the vet is no problem but when they refer to him as "Sammy Postma," I feel really weird.
  • Sammy seems to be feeling more comfortable today than he has been for the last week.
  • This past week Michele and I did a fairly big catering job. It was such fun! The recipients of our cooking were very encouraging with their comments. What was especially good was that Kristen and Chelsea (my neice) helped out. I am impressed with how well they worked and with how much fun we all had.

4 comments:

Heather Plett said...

I bought that cd too and I LOVE it! I listened to it all afternoon while I cooked and cleaned.

So, I guess Kristen has forgiven CJ for his phone call prank the other day? :-)

I'm back...... said...

I bought the Wintersong CD on itunes today and I love it. Very soothing, relaxing, beautiful music.

Good luck with memorizing the Christmas Song!!!

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy Sarah McLachlan. I must check out this CD on iTunes.

Poor Sammy. I once had a little poodle with allergies and itchy skin. I know how troubling it can be. I hope Sammy is feeling a little less scratchy.

Anonymous said...

I once had to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy for my cat.

HIS name is Barb.

Barb Haskill.

Judy - Anybody Home
www.judyh58.blogspot.com