In my last post I mentioned that I am trying to create a place in my home where I (and others) can pray and meditate. I have a chair, table and a blanket to keep me warm. I hope to have some candles in there as well as a fish aquarium to help create a mood of peace and serenity.
Any other ideas about what I can include in my spot? What are things that help you to focus on God and your spirituality?
7 comments:
an aquarium!
i'm shocked!
m
For myself when I really focus on God I usually have some music playing also...not sure if that is something you would want or not. Maybe some type of like serenity fountain or something??? Sounds like a really cool idea having something like that in your house! I usually sprawl out on the floor somewhere, but I should approach my mommy about this idea of yours!
Surround yourself with books. And flowers! Lots and lots of flowers.:)
My favourite meditation spot is rarely available to me in the winter. I have a sheltered spot in amongst my evergreen trees at the back of my garden. I have a bench there where I like to sit. I close my eyes, feel the sun and breeze on my skin, hear the birds in the trees and listen to the whisperings of God.
Oohhh, sounds beautiful!
What about some of those beautiful floor sized pillows Yvonne made for Michele? Perfection with a funky area rug. Keep us posted on how things are turning out.
I find that my meditation is helped a great deal by music. I listen to Lucia Hwong, Martina Raye, Ray Lynch...
Peace,
~Chani
If I were making a prayer meditation spot, I would put beautiful and peaceful art on the wall, like a moving painting of the cross or the footsteps picture or just even nature.
Post a Comment