Saturday, December 16, 2006

I Know What I'm Getting

I know what I'm getting for Christmas. Wes and I are going out this afternoon to pick it out. We have decided that we will purchase bikes for ourselves. There are some great sales on now. Stores are getting rid of their 2006 inventory. That doesn't matter much to us because Wes used his bike for 27 years and I've had mine for about 20 years. After a couple of bike rides, it won't matter if we have an '06 or '07 model. These bikes will probably last us 20+ years too.

The main reason for purchasing the bikes is the fact that we are finally going to take our 25th anniversary trip this fall. That anniversary was 2 years ago and it just didn't work out for us to go away for a couple of weeks but it looks like it will work for us in 2007.

So what do bikes have to do with our anniversary?

We plan to take a 7 day bicycle trip in Tuscany. (Every time I say that sentence I get all weak kneed and butterflyish in my stomach. I cannot believe how excited I am about this trip! It is honestly, a dream come true.) We need bikes so that we can train and be prepared for the trip.

This is no back pack kind of trip. The tour organizers send our bags to our daily destination so all we need is what is required for the day. I am looking forward to seeing a beautiful part of the world and also meeting people from other countries on this tour.

We have talked about this trip for several years but I was afraid it would never happen. It really sounds like it is almost too good to be true. For us, this will be a trip of a lifetime.

Until I go to Africa with Heather.

8 comments:

Heather Plett said...

Oh man, I think I need to plan to do that trip some day too. Wow!

And I would LOVE to have you come to Africa with me!

We really need to do some biking together this summer.

Anvilcloud said...

I've just been thinking that something along these lines would be a fun thing to do.

Sheri said...

A bike trip sounds fantastic...I wish I had the stamina.

PS- It was nice to meet you again a few minutes ago, you guys are great babysitters. ;)

Linda said...

Stamina, schmamina. I don't plan to push myself too hard!

Sheri said...

^^ HAHA Good on ya! Get the enjoyment without the pain. Have fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Linda! How about you pave the road...er, I mean pave the way. Rob and I have been fantasizing about such a trip too some day. Once we hear all the wonderful details from you and Wes, we will have no excuses!! Here's to a good pair of padded bike shorts- you'll for sure need those! Good for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. This sounds amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds amazing!!