I read on Heather’s blog something about a useless kitchen gadget that she had purchased which is now destined for the “giveaway” box. That reminded me of a party idea that Michele came up with which I helped her to organize. Those were the days when we had had enough of Tupperware and other kinds of home parties and wanted to do something unique and different. So we organized a Used Tupperware & Useless Kitchen Gadget party.
We made up invitations and requested everyone to go through their cupboards and take along their most useless kitchen gadgets. You know the miracle tools I mean. The ones that you can purchase for only 3 payments of $19.99 each or the one that you can only get at the Home Show or the one that is available for a limited time. And don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about. We’ve all been sucked in at one time or another.
We had an exchange (I confess, I took the Tupperware hamburger patty maker home. It was better than the guillotine-like blade that I contributed.),games and of course, great snacks. The person who brought a gadget that stymied all of us would win a prize-another UKG to take home. It was a fun evening and a great way to get rid of some of the stuff that seems to collect in our cupboards.
What was great about this party is that it was free and we were able to laugh at some of the silly purchases we had made as well as get rid of some of the unique gifts we had received over the years.
Alright now. Tell me what kind of UT&UKG you have in your kitchen.
5 comments:
I have some of those useless gadgets too. You know, the ones you just had to have so your life would be better but you never used. *s*
Well, I've got a cheese grater and a Tupperware rice steamer to contribute. And I just got rid of a few other things - like an air-bake cookie sheet. Let's plan another party!
i think i've gotten rid of them all! tupperware rice steamer--i'd like to take a look at that. another party would be in order, but i'll have to do a bit of a shop first!
it may have seemed like a useless piece of tupperware at the time but you use that paddie maker all the time. I've tried but can't master it like you have.
Yeah- I just posted on Heather's blog about the cheese grater that's haunting us all. But really, that's about it for UKG for me. My dad used to buy those kinda slice and dice em gadgets for the 3 payments of $19.99 and I saw and experienced first hand over and over again how they never worked. I think he has spared me from buying.
Post a Comment