Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Thanks

Michele wrote a list of 100 things she's thankful for and I thought I'd try to do the same in honour of Thanksgiving2005.


  1. Warm days
  2. Blue prairie sky
  3. A cozy blanket
  4. Hot water
  5. Digital camera
  6. Friends
  7. Kettle chips
  8. My sister's home in the country
  9. My sisters
  10. A dependable car
  11. Baskets for my stuff
  12. The squeegie I use to wash the windows
  13. My gas stove
  14. The back porch
  15. The screens on the back porch
  16. My garden
  17. My house
  18. Hardwood floors
  19. The turret room
  20. Candles
  21. My red shoes
  22. Ann Lamott
  23. Long johns (the moisture wicking kind)
  24. Warm feet
  25. A snowblower that is too heavy for me to handle ;)
  26. Blogging
  27. Praying
  28. God
  29. The Holy Spirit
  30. Jesus
  31. Church
  32. Sunday mornings
  33. Babies
  34. Pregnant women
  35. Good wine
  36. Aged gouda
  37. My extended family in Holland
  38. Pumpkins
  39. Classical Music
  40. Doors that don't squeak
  41. Men who don't mind emptying mouse traps
  42. Children who do their own laundry
  43. Winnipeg
  44. Manitoba
  45. Canada
  46. Wes
  47. Each of my children
  48. My daughter-in-law
  49. My Winnipeg family-sisters, brothers-in-law, nieces and nephews
  50. Front loading washing machine
  51. The colours of autumn
  52. My husband's boss
  53. A steady, solid income
  54. Good health
  55. Nice smelling hair products
  56. Facial tissues with lotion
  57. High index lenses
  58. My laptop
  59. For helping Kristen write an essay today
  60. Good knives
  61. Kitchen Aid mixer
  62. Hand blender
  63. Wooden spoons
  64. Cast iron frying pan
  65. Fresh clean water at the turn of a tap
  66. For being able to sing harmony with Tim
  67. Gala apples
  68. My big, beautiful house
  69. The basement apartment
  70. Eric's mandolin and guitar playing
  71. Winnipeg weather-no earthquakes, mud slides, hurrianes or tsunamis
  72. That I have no problem running up and down the stairs
  73. Ibuprophen
  74. Gravol
  75. The spare bedroom
  76. Tablecloths
  77. 220 count percale bedsheets
  78. The newspaper
  79. Remembrance Day
  80. Most of my children's teachers
  81. Christmas holidays
  82. Dining chairs that make you want to sit and stay for a while
  83. Chai
  84. Slippers
  85. That I am still learning new things
  86. Clean bed sheets dried outside
  87. Potlucks
  88. Thanksgiving dinner
  89. My piano
  90. Laughter
  91. Fresh bread
  92. Aveno body lotion
  93. Water bottles
  94. My neighbours-the weird ones who don't mind if we use their driveway sometimes
  95. Generous people
  96. A husband who is learning Spanish
  97. Children who get up in the morning on their own
  98. People who take responsibility for their actions
  99. Curry paste
  100. Good hand lotion

There you have it folks. One hundred things I'm thankful for. Anyone else?

4 comments:

mmichele said...

there were so many things i forgot to put on my list! how could i forget slippers, for instance, and red wine and pumpkins just to name a very few.

Anvilcloud said...

Since I had only two on my blog, that means that you are fifty times more thankful than I.

Heather Plett said...

Great list! And I'll accept your late additions on my blog :-)

Dale said...

I'm thankful for blogger friends who remind me of things I'm thankful for.
Thanks, Linda.