Friday, October 28, 2005

Roto Rooter

We recently renovated a bathroom here at our house. Brand new bathtub & shower, sink and toilet. It looks great and most of it works well except for the bathtub drain. It would literally take hours for the water to drain and of course, the tub, in my brand new bathroom always looked dirty.

Jeff came and had a look at it but was unsuccessful in unplugging it so he suggested I call the office and get Tim to come as he has more experience. Tim came at 8:00 this morning so I was up, dressed and quite cheerful when I let him in.

Well, Jeff was right. Tim was able to clear the drain and now it's working like a charm (to borrow a phrase from my dad). I was thrilled.

The cost? A "mere" $161.25. Ouch.

5 comments:

Heather Plett said...

Yeah, "ouch" is right - especially when you think you've FINISHED paying for the renovation.

New bathrooms are wonderful! I'm still enjoying mine 6 months later.

mmichele said...

i find "roy's rigid rooter" is sometimes just a wee bit cheaper than roto rooter.

Dale said...

Hmmm. Sounds like your wallet was drained as well. Yikes! But you've got a tub you can use now. And that's good.

Linda said...

Roy's RIGID Rooter? Does Roy have any idea how that sounds?

Dale said...

I had the same thought, Linda. LOL!