Why do they call waiting a game? My idea of a game is something fun and often loud. Something that can make me laugh hysterically. Something that brings out my competitive nature.
Today I am playing the waiting game. And it's not fun. I ordered a computer on line last week and it was supposed to be delivered today. At the latest. It's 4:44 p.m. and it is not yet here so I'll have to do without it for a whole weekend and play this game next week until it comes.
I haven't let myself get too excited about the Dell Notebook Computer I ordered. It's not too fancy but it will be my own and I won't have to share it. Today, I did let myself get excited and now, I've resigned myself to the fact that it won't come before the weekend.
A few days ago there was a note left on my door from the courier company that will be delivering my computer. I was so excited. It came! Wes and I ate a quick supper and drove out to the depot near the airport to pick it up. When the box was brought out, I was surprised to see that it was so small. Wes asked if he was sure this was for us and the fellow behind the counter assured us that it was.
Upon closer scrutiny we discovered that it was a computer mouse. I was so disappointed! We had ordered a mouse for my laptop at the same time as we ordered the computer. Turns out that the "peripheral" items are shipped from Ottawa but my computer is supposed to be shipped from somewhere in the USA via Calgary. Go figure.
And they can still make money doing business this way? Sheesh.
1 comment:
Delayed gratification, Linda. It lends purpose to suffering. LOL!! Hang in there, girl.
Post a Comment