I have a lot to do. Work, laundry, housework, phone calls to make. So why am I making chocolate chip cookies now?
My Mother's Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Cream together:
1 cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
Add 2 eggs and 1 tsp. vanilla
Sift together:
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
a
Add to creamed mixture.
Add:
2 cups chocolate chips and 1 1/4 cups oatmeal. I like the large flake, old fashioned kind. It seems more wholesome to me.
Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Enjoy!
4 comments:
Linda, Linda, Linda....having tasted, smelt, and savoured every last crumb of many a Wikkerink chocolate chip cookies, let me just say I bet you have a very happy family at your house tonight and oh how I wish I could be eating one too! I will just have to imagine it because no matter how hard I try, mine NEVER turn out like the ones from the Wikk girls! Oh yes- life can wait; but a chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven- made by a Wikkerink?? THAT just can't wait! Thanks for conjuring up some great memories.
G.
why are you baking when there is work to be done? because there is nothing like chocolate chip cookie dough...
I've copied this recipe to my recipe book, Linda. I'll try it one day soon and let you know how it turns out.
Mother! Why are you releasing this secret family recipe? If everybody makes these cookies, what makes us special?
Post a Comment