We've been talking lots about our move from this old house, to our new old house. While I'm excited and happy that we are finally getting on with our lives the change of leaving this place and moving into something else can be a little overwhelming.
Our plan is to share a house with my sister Michele and her husband Rob and their 2 sons. Rob and Michele already own the house and we plan to change it into 2 separate condos. This will require extensive renovations, while we live there. That's the overwhelming part. What do we take with us and what do we store? Where will we all live when Rob and Michele get back from their trip? I find that I worry more than I ever used to. I know that worrying about all of this will not help but it's hard for me not to obsess about this stuff. I used to be so easy going! I thrived on chaos. No more! Now I worry.
I know it will all work out and I can envision the time when I will be relaxing in my new home, acknowledging that it was all worth it and grateful for such a peaceful, beautiful home.
I'm also looking forward to living so close to my sister that all I need to do is walk up the stairs to borrow a cup of sugar, curry paste or some quinoa. She's got a lot of interesting stuff in her pantry.
Yes, it will all be good. I've survived some pretty chaotic times in my life and I know I'll survive this one too. Actually, I want more than to survive. I want to enjoy this time.
It's all in the attitude, isn't it?
5 comments:
You can live in our basement if you want... our home is always open!
hey, there's an idea!!
There's always our place in the country.
Yvonne
i've been reading your blog faithfully but my computer won't let me leave comments. i think it's the security settings but i can't figure out how to change them. congrats on selling your house!!!
I too find that I worry more now then I ever did before... and I wonder about the why of this. You are so right that attitude seems to be key. And how wonderful to be so close to your sister. Both of mine live so far away and I miss them every day. Wishing you all the best with all of this.
Post a Comment