Monday, February 09, 2009

Random Bits and Pieces

Went to church yesterday morning. I don't like religion, but I love going to church. The music, the videos, the sharing and the chatting afterwards is like balm to my soul. What a great community of people we have.

In the afternoon, there was an adults against the teens hockey game. The weather was gorgeous, the ice smooth and there were a lot of people out. There were a few guys, not part of our "group" who joined us. They had a blast too. Wes' glasses were the only casualty.

People are asking me if I've started packing yet. Truth is, I haven't. There really isn't much to do. We got rid of a lot of stuff when we first put the house on the market and the rest of the stuff is what we use.

Carolyn is doing great. As a matter of fact there is a good chance that she will acually go to full term! That is great news, especially considering that we thought this baby could very well have been born as early as Christmas. Carolyn has been taking great care of this baby. She'll be a good mom.

We are going to El Salvador in March for 2 weeeks with Habitat for Humanity. Should be a great time. Except if Carolyn goes overdue, this baby might be born while we're away! I hope she comes before we leave. It will be hard to be so far away with all the excitement and wonder of a new baby in the family.

I chatted for the first time in my life on facebook with Kristen last week. She's having a marvellous time in South Africa. What an experience for her!

I chatted on the phone with Michele last week too. It sounds like they are also having the time of their lives.

Tonight was Monday night dinner. Our numbers are dwindling with several family members out of the country and a couple away at school. The food and conversation is still good though.

I don't know how to end this dull, boring post so I'll just stop.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

i think these types of posts are my favourites.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda!

I don't have your email address, or your phone number, so I have to leave you a comment! I feel really silly about this... Joyce gave me your amazing orange/pink dotted bag a few weeks ago, and I gave it to Dianna to move it closer to your neck of the woods. It's at Ken and Di's right now - in their entrance on a lovely hook all safe and sound - unless you've already got it in your posession. If you're not sure of their ph number or address on Sydney, just email me... mikeandkarla@mts.net.

Anonymous said...

You can count 3 more at the next Monday night dinner :)

mmichele said...

i didn't think this was a boring post at all!