For Christmas, I got a gift certificate for cooking classes at DeLuca's, an Italian grocery/bakery/wine store in Winnipeg. Last night, Wes and I went to our first class. Mmmmm.
It was all pretty authentic Italian food. Most of the products they used had been shipped from Italy. And chef Anna was pretty adamant about what to use.
"You must use Italian anise seed. It's much better."
"Parmeggiana Reggiano is the best."
"Don't use half and half."
The Tortellini Bolognese Style soup was absolutely delicious. I think my favourite course was "Farfalle with Cream and Mushroom sauce." Ingredients are whipping cream, butter, mushrooms, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
There was no calorie or fat information with these recipes although all the fat was skimmed off of the broth for the soup. Good thing.
We are signed up for 3 more classes this month. Yum, yum.
2 comments:
I AM SO JEALOUS! I've wanted to cook at DeLuca's for a LONG time! Good on ya!
oooh... i really like that gift idea. how fun! Enjoy!
Post a Comment