- It's still cold. Will Spring ever come?
- I've been busy. Culling, cleaning and organizing. We are interviewing Real Estate Agents this week and hope to have a "For Sale" sign on this old house in a couple of months.
- My hope is that the house will be sold in a couple of weeks (keeping everything neat, tidy and dust free is going to be a challenge) with a possession date of August 31.
- People ask me what our plans are after we sell this house. Uh...no plans. We may be "of no fixed address" for a while but we will not be homeless.
- The housing market is hot here in Winnipeg but our house is unique in a number of ways. That may make it harder to sell.
- I am feeling quite a lot of anxiety about all of this. Now that the time has finally come, I worry, constantly. Will it sell by the summer (I surely hope so), can we keep it neat and tidy enough for showings (our international students keep their bedrooms in good condition but don't seem to care about cleanliness in toilets and showers), will we get enough money for it (to pay off the mortgage and have enough left for something nice)?
- Emotionally, I am ready to leave this place. I will miss it. There are many happy memories here but I'm ready to move on.
- My laptop is still out of commission. That's why I haven't been posting lately. The LCD display is cracked and needs replacing. Dell, which claims to have great customer service (NOT!) has informed me that it will cost $400.00-500.00 to repair. I know that the replacement part can be purchased on ebay for less than $150.00. What gives?
- I will NOT purchase a Dell computer again.
- The desktop computer is now upstairs in the TV room and is not as available as the laptop. I need to share it with everyone else in the family.
- Kristen has not yet heard about "Ottatown" but we are optimistic that she will be accepted and will be in South Africa by this time next year.
- Had a seriously clogged bathtub drain last week that resulted in a $400.00 plumbing bill and a new and unneccesary hole in the bathroom ceiling. I won't go into all the details. There are some things about this old house I will not miss.
Thursday, March 06, 2008
Thursday Thirteen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
i no longer believe that spring will ever come.
psst... i think it's oUttatown. not ottatown. i know how you hate spelling mistaks.
I hait speling mistaks two.
John
Oh carp. I hate it wen Ido tht.
mein arre you gys fnny
wes
Just think. If you wouldn't take showers or baths, you could have fixed the laptop.
I agree. I've heard horror stories about Dell service. It could be worse, however. If you cracked a Dell screen, imagine what one of those New Apple "Air" laptops would have done.
i think your house will sell easier because of it's character!
I will not purchase another Dell either, due to their lack of service.
I hope that your move goes very smoothly.
We've been here seven months, and there are still things I haven't yet located. I've got it down to five things, and am hoping they are all happily together in one box.
Also, I thought we had gotten rid of a lot of stuff, but I now wish we had gotten rid of even more (but not that stuff in the box i cannot find. i NEED that stuff!).
Ouch to the plumbing bill. Double ouch to the hole in the ceiling. :-)
Post a Comment