Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Things I Have Unearthed

There are definite advantages to cleaning, culling and organizing. I have come across many interesting items from my past. I am not a pack rat but when it comes to the music I have accumulated, I don't believe I have ever thrown anything out.

Today was different. Our local thrift store will be getting original copies of the following:

I Honestly Love You (Olivia Newton John)

Put Your Hand in the Hand (as sung by Anne Murray)

I'm All Out of Love (Air Supply)

Wind Beneath My Wings (as sung by Roger Whittakker)

Love Story (Andy Williams)


...as well as others which I am too embarassed to publish.


One fabulous find was this:

It's hard to see but our house is in the bottom picture, on the right. This ad ran in the Free Press in April of 1924. I don't think the house was new at the time because we believe that the house was built earlier than that. I think I'll frame it and hang it some where so people who come through to look at the house will be able to see it.

4 comments:

Heather Plett said...

Wow! A few trees have grown since then! Cool find indeed.

mmichele said...

Hopefully they won't look too closely at the price and terms.

Bert said...

Linda ! Those records are CLASSICS. No Debbie Boone or Dan Hill ?. If you have any Styx, I'll take them.

Anonymous said...

Would you believe I am familiar with every one of those tunes. :-)

Love the 1924 add.. definitely a keeper.