Monday, September 03, 2007

The blogging world has been quiet for the last few weeks. I have had such a delightful (I love that word. I'm going to use it more often) summer and haven't felt too inclined to write about it. I've just been enjoying it.

Life is getting back to normal these days. Mauricio, from Brazil came last Wednesday and Medardo, who was here last year, came on Saturday night. They have already been to Polo Park, The Forks and out for a movie. Last night they came home with 2 friends, who are also international students. I don't know where they meet these guys because school hasn't even started yet. There must be something, a smell or sound, that they all emit so that they can recognize each other.

Tim is enjoying his work at Starbucks. It's so good to see him enjoying what he's doing. He was having trouble motivating himself to get to work when he was with the construction company.

Kristen will be starting at U of Manitoba on Tuesday. She too is excited.

Of course, this week will be another full one for me as I am preparing for our trip to Italy. We leave in 6 days and are both really looking forward to it. We will be stopping for several days in the Netherlands and spending some time with our extended family. The opportunity to just "drop in" for a few days is a gift. It will be a great way to end our Italy trip.

Ciao!

4 comments:

Whippersnapper said...

Wow, I'm glad it's Italy you decided to go to, and not Greece..

The best thing about Holland is the boozy raisins. (That's what we call them in my family, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about!) Eat (drink?) lots of them for me when you're there!!

mmichele said...

i am SO happy for you that i am not ONE BIT jealous.

mmichele said...

that is true. really.

mmichele said...

honest. not jealous at all.

really.