Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday Five (because I've only got time for 5)

  1. I started a cleanse on Tuesday and just realized that I will be away this weekend. I have 2 options: Give up on the cleanse or take my own food. The food is usually pretty good but I suspect that there will not be too many things that don't include at least some of the fobidden foods. Taking my own food would require too much work on my part today so I think I'll just try to be careful this weekend. Perhaps I should take some red wine along to help rid my body of the toxins...
  2. Wes, Sammy and I are attending obedience classes, Level 2 (he passed level one already, in case you were wondering). Sammy's having a great time. I think he enjoys having Wes and me all to himself, focussed on him, with nobody else demanding our attention.
  3. Sammy heels very well in class but when he goes outside, it's like he's forgotten everything. I think he's trying to impress the cute female German Shepherd in his class.
  4. Yesterday, Michele gave me a bowl of black bean soup for my lunch today. Yum yum! It didn't even need any salt. (I tend to add salt to my food. I know, it's bad but I don't have high blood pressure so I don't worry about it.) I'm eating it with Wasa Fibre Rye crispbread with black bean dip. Today is a black bean kind of day.
  5. I read my first crime fiction type of book in a long time this Christmas. It is by Carl Hiaasen. On his official website there is a paragraph that reads, "Since 1985 Hiaasen has been writing a regular column [for the Miami Herald], which at one time or another has pissed off just about everybody in South Florida, including his own bosses." If you're interested, it's called "Basket Case." It was entertaining, well written and funny. I'm looking forward to reading some of his other stuff.

2 comments:

Calgary Lawn Solutions said...

I thought that you weren't supposed to eat any extra salt when you're doing the cleansing anyways. It's a good thing you didn't add any salt.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE taking obedience classes. Here is a little trick to help with Sammy's heeling. Usually dogs are taught to heel on the left side. Hold his leash in the right. Hold your left hand down by your hip. Have his favourite little bits of treats in the left hand. Everytime he comes to your hip (correct position for heeling) give him a treat. Believe me.. this works .. I have taught many dogs not to pull on their leash simply by doing this. Good luck.