Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Six Weird Things About Me

Michele was tagged with this and even though I wasn't tagged, I'm going to share with you, my dear readers, 6 weird things about me. (My children would come up with, say, 60 weird things but I can only come up with 6)


  1. Orange Pekoe Tea makes me feel sick to my stomach. When experiencing morning sickness many years ago I was told to drink a cup of tea before getting out of bed. If I were to drink that cup of tea, I'd have to do it while crouched over the toilet.

  2. I love peanut butter and I love jam but never will I ever eat them together on the same sandwich.

  3. I enjoy listening to opera at almost full volume in the car. I always switch the station so that nobody will discover this little secret.

  4. I rinsed out disposable diapers before throwing them away when my children were young.

  5. I take pictures of food when it looks particularly good. I personally don't think that is weird but my children do.
  6. (What's so weird about this? Doesn't this stew look delicious?)
  7. I wear wooden shoes when taking the dog out to do his business. They go on nicely over my slippers although they clunk loudly. Sammy didn't like them at first but he's gotten used to them. I wear them to honour my relatives in The Netherlands.

8 comments:

mmichele said...

strangely...
i had just tagged you. and then i checked your blog.

Tim said...

Mom, you are weird. I've never heard of anyone else who takes pictures of food. I'm going to get that picture of you taking a picture of food from eric. Does anyone else do that?

Anonymous said...

Nice shoes..do they come in black?

:)

Schoolboy

mmichele said...

hey!
i take pictures of food. i don't think it's weird.

Anonymous said...

I take pictures of food, and don't find it weird at all.

And, I don't actually wear my wooden shoes (they are too small now) but I do keep them by my side of the bed.

Judy - Anybody Home
www.judyh58.blogspot.com

Whippersnapper said...

I don't think it's weird you play opera at full volume while alone in the car, I think that it's pretty charming. But not eating peanut butter and jam at the same time, well that's a different matter. PB and J is a food group around this house!

mmichele said...

by they way, i'm sure your netherlands relatives would indeed be honoured by the fact that you wear your wooden shoes while taking your dog out to poop. that is like, soooo meaningful.

Anonymous said...

Even I .. who am definitely not a cook .. have been known to take a picture of an attractive dish of food. :-)