Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Cleanse

A few weeks ago I began considering that I might want to do a cleanse. You know, the kind that's supposed to get rid of the toxins in your body. After Christmas, there were a lot of toxins although it's hard for me to think of all those delicious foods as "toxins."

It's funny because my sister was thinking about doing the same thing. And we didn't even talk about it until we both realized we were going to start in the same week. Weird eh?

I started Tuesday and things went well. Unlike Michele, I am taking some herbal formulas that will assist in the cleanse. I will try to drink 8-10 12 oz. glasses of water everyday and eat a healthy diet leaving out things like processed foods and red meat. It is suggested that if you have to drink coffee, you add 2 glasses of water for every cup of coffee you drink. I'm glad that one cup of java per day is good enough for me. (I promised my family that I'll be careful about not drinking too much water) I also need to avoid wine but when I was talking to a friend about cutting out wine she told me that we only need to avoid wine. Not cut it out. This is a friend who knows lots about cleanses and nutrition so I will take her advice and avoid wine this week, not cut it out. Whew.

No sugar, no white flour, no trans or saturated fats...

Then why did I make cinnamon buns yesterday?

5 comments:

mmichele said...

just so you could suffer

-Me- said...

You can bring them over to my house if you don't want to be tempted anymore; I'll gladly make use of them for you!

Whippersnapper said...

Cinnamon buns, Brie, whatever, they're all there just to torture us and set us up for failure.

**(gloomy pause)**

Something tells me, however, that you're gonna be more successful with YOUR health kick than I've been with mine!!

Good luck!!

Lyd. said...

It's a bit coincidental, but the Wikkerinks in this area are doing a cleanse type thing too. Dad insists that we are on a diet, not a cleanse (he is not too fond of the idea either way). I just thought that I had to add to that, 3 Wikkerink families have begun the same diet without telling each other, how interesting...

Anonymous said...

I think I could use a little cleansing myself... except for the coffee part. I need my coffee. :-)