Sunday, November 12, 2006

What's Your Favourite Meal?

A few days ago I was talking with Michele about a favourite meal. We both like to cook and enjoy trying new flavours and foods so it was a little hard to know just what would be my favourite.

I think for me that it doesn't really matter what is actually cooked. I just love anything that someone else cooks for me, as long as it's from scratch. It can be as simple as meat, veggies and potatoes.

For a few years, when our kids were playing a lot of sports, I would often be the parent who spent Saturdays in the gym, watching the tournaments while Wes would be at home, "holding down the fort" as it were. Frequently, especially when our team was doing well, we wouldn't be finished playing until late afternoon or even early evening. On our way home, we would be hungry and tired and when we walked in the house, supper would be cooked, the table would be set and there might even be a glass of wine by my plate. Those were the best dinners for me.

There was another time when Wes, Rob, Michele and I went to an out of town funeral. Yvonne and George had not yet moved to Winnipeg but they were visiting. When we got home from the funeral, around 7:30 PM, Yvonne had prepared a delicious, lovely, tasty meal for us. All I remember is that she made an amazing chef's salad. I don't remember anything else. It was such a wonderful thing to come home to after an emotionally draining day. It also happened to be my birthday that day and so the gift of the meal was doubly special.

I'd like to encourage all my blogger friends (and even you lurkers) to tell me about your favourite meal. It could be one that you've already had or maybe you have an idea of "the perfect meal" and you can blog about what that looks and tastes like.

4 comments:

I'm back...... said...

My favorite home-cooked meal is when my mom makes her amazing sweet-n-sour meatballs with rice. Not sure why I like that.

My favorite restaurant meal would have to be at Maxime's. I love their ribs.

Maybe it's because I grew up in a farm eating with men who worked hard in the fields all day but I love any meal where meat is involved!! If I don't have meat at least 4 times a week my week is not complete.

-Me- said...

My favorite meals are the ones that my mom prepares...Not even one specific meal that I can think of, but it's true that its never as good as mom makes it...Because my mom works throughout the week until 8pm though,I don't enjoy them as much as when I was younger..but on the weekends when she makes a meal its fabulous!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My favorite meal is lasagne with a glass of Austrailian shiraz and crusty bread. Yummy

Anvilcloud said...

Ah, I don't know. TG and Christmas trukey, I guess. With all the fixins.