I would like to welcome a couple of lurkers that I have just learned about.
They are not particularly computer savy although one of them has taken a computer course. They probably didn't know what a blog was until they started reading mine. Together they make a pretty good team. One of them knits while the other reads the blogs out loud. One of them has a few useless fingers but is quite able to use the good fingers to turn on the computer and find his way around the keyboard, albeit slowly, in the hunt and peck manner.
Their computer isn't particularly powerful and they are still on dial-up so if you try to call them and their line is busy, they're probably on-line.
I never thought they'd ever read my blog. I didn't think that people in their 70's, who have never been into technology (you should see their TV) would actually read blogs.
I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks.
Welcome to the blogging world mom and dad!
13 comments:
Oh, I think this is just wonderful. Way to go! (to your mom and day) :-)
I agree. How wonderful!
Judy - Anybody Home
www.judyh58.blogspot.com
wonder if they're going to leave a comment...
m
Hey they are pretty hip parents.
It makes you feel connected to the family. Now to get them to read their Grandkids' blogs.
Tena
Come on Mom and Dad. Make a comment. I dare you.
you'll probably have to show them how, Tena!
Ya, thats pretty cool that they read these blogs... I hope they will read mine too :)
I'm quite sure the old dogs think your blog is howling success. (Yes, I do bring shame upon myself sometimes.)
Lovely! Send them to visit me, Linda. I could always use more fan support. LOL!
hi linda i just read your blog so you think my fingers are not nimble it takes me a little but i get there your dad
WOW!! Check it out! A comment! Congratulations!
m
Welcome to the world of blogging Mom & Dad
You did it Dad! I'm so proud of you. See you don't need me.
Tena
Wow. This one will go down in history.
Post a Comment