- I have attended a centering prayer time at the University of Winnipeg several times over the last few weeks. It is a good time to slow down my mind and think about God and other things holy.
- Thursday is my "big gym" day. I do a power class with barbells and weights and then a class called "centergy" which is a combination of pilates and yoga. I am amazed that I can actually get through them.
- Tim didn't have classes this afternoon so he's home. You can always tell when Tim's home because he is either whistling, singing, listening to music or playing the guitar. Guess what Tim is passionate about.
- Supper times are becoming fun again. For much of the summer, Wes and I ate alone. Now, we have 2 international high school students living with us and Tim and Kristen are frequently home for supper too. I love the conversation that we have around the table.
- While the weather has gotten a lot colder, today was still a beautiful day. Cold, crisp and sunny.
- I planted about 120 tulip, narcissus, anemone and other assorted bulbs yesterday, November 22. I didn't think I'd get any of them planted.
- I bought a large metal star the other day, spray painted it white, added some glitter and garland and will be putting it on my front door. I am very pleased with my creation. I am also a little surprised because I am not very crafty.
- Sammy, our cocker spaniel had a bath yesterday. He doesn't stink today so I don't mind if he comes up to me and rubs my leg.
- I went shopping with Kristen yesterday, at Osborne Village. It was a gorgeous day to be outside and we had a good time together. I also saw a chair that I LOVED! Sigh. I am usually more content when I don't shop.
- Thursdays we run a food bank at our church. I just love working with the people there and serving the clients who come. We serve soup, coffee and cookies because it starts at 6:00 PM and several of the clients come directly from work or school. We have made some good friends and good soup.
- I started knitting myself a scarf out of silk yarn. The colours are just beautiful.
- Today, I'm going to help friends with some painting. They are moving this weekend and want to get the painting done.
- When I am home on Thursday nights, I watch Grey's Academy and ER. I will miss them both tonight.
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Thursday Thirteen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You will also miss Grey's Anatomy tonight (as oppose to Grey's Academy (just bugging you))
Hey Linda...Isn't it Grey's Anatomy?? Or do we watch different shows??? (tee hee..) I wanted to come and help Paul and Meliss yesterday by helping her pack, but alas, my car didn't want me to, so it decided to quit working!!! Hope you have a great weekend! I'm off to attempt shopping today for as long as I can tolerate it!!! I too, am more content when I don't shop!!!
Hey I'd like to see that chair. I may like it too. We need one
You guys were looking at that chair today, weren't you? Right before coffee...
How did you know? Do you have spies everywhere?
I was only able to catch a very small part of Gray's Anatomy. Reason being.. I was working in the icu myself. Most of the nurses that I work with love the show.
Post a Comment