The house is pretty quiet now except for the sound of the dishwasher and Tim playing his guitar. Pleasant sounds after a busy day. I don't have a lot of energy now and there's laundry that has to be folded but here are a few thoughts flitting through my mind right now.
- I'm sorry the Bombers lost yesterday. It would have been so cool to have the home team playing at the Grey Cup.
- We had Monday night dinner here today. Have I mentioned how much I love Monday nights? The whole, extended family comes here for dinner and even the girlfriends and boyfriends are great.
- Kim performed a couple of songs for us tonight. Beautiful.
- Michele and I volunteered at Winnipeg Harvest today. Yvonne usually does too but she just started a new job and wasn't able to come. I love the people at Winnipeg Harvest. I worked there for about 4 years and a couple of days after I quit the kids said that I didn't have any good stories to tell them at the supper table anymore. At Winnipeg Harvest there was always something bizzare, odd, hilarious or gross happening. Every day.
- We now have 2 international students living with us. Medardo is from Mexico and Nik is from Germany. I was afraid having 2 would seem a little overwhelming but I actually really like it. They get along and they are both great guys. I'm enjoying having them around.
- The weather today was warm (for November) cloudy and a little rainy. It reminded me of winter days in S. Ontario, where I grew up. Give me a cold, sunny day anytime.
That's all folks. Nothing too exciting happening here but life is good.
4 comments:
Two foreign students living with you? Muy bueno! Sehr gut! You'll have plenty of tales to tell us, I'm sure.
Your church really sounds like God's house! "Come as you are. You belong here."
Go Als Go! Maybe they can get to the Grey Cup -- again! And lose -- again! ;)
I too am sorry the Blue Bombers lost. My son is even sorrier. He has tickets to the Grey Cup and was so hoping...
Yvonne got a JOB???? Sorry - I know this is supposed to be your blog, but Yvonne doesn't have one where I can go pelt her with questions.
Post a Comment