Wednesday, November 01, 2006

November 1

This month is NaBloPoMo month and like ccap, I will attempt to post every day. There is a good chance that you'll get bored because interesting things don't usually happen in my life daily. I will try to keep most of these posts short.

Today, I am writing from the Best Western Hotel in Fargo, ND. I am not in the habit of cross-border shopping but for Kristen's 18th birthday we thought it would be fun to have a "girl's" outing. We did a bit of shopping this evening and will shop till we drop tomorrow. Friday morning we'll be heading back to Winnipeg.

Things that I have noticed so far:
  • North Dakotans are generally a very friendly bunch.
  • Male salespeople welcome both of us into their stores but they look at Kristen, not me.
  • The roads in the US are much better than the roads in Canada. But I always remind myself that if we didn't have public health care, the government would have more money for roads.
  • There was almost no snow south of Grand Forks.
  • The lattes at Starbucks taste the same.
  • Alcohol is a lot cheaper here! (hic)

That's all for now folks. Good night.

3 comments:

Heather Plett said...

Sounds like FUN! My, you ARE dedicated to daily blogging if you're even finding a computer in a hotel!

mmichele said...

dear me... alcohol is cheaper and you don't have ME to keep you under control. whatever will we do?!

Anonymous said...

I, for one, have never heard of NaBloPoMo month.. but I kind of like the idea.

Have fun south of the border. :-)