Thursday, April 13, 2006

My Springtime Garden

I planted a perennial garden last fall. I couldn't wait to see what it would look like in the spring so I was just thrilled when I came back from Florida a week ago to see the snow melted away. I am absolutely amazed to see new growth just after the freezing temperatures of the winter. It reminds me of the promise God made to Noah and his family after the flood:

"As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night
will never cease."
-Genesis 8:22



My new garden is coming up nicely as you can see.

4 comments:

micah said...

Exalent perenials aunty linda almost as good as your lilacts hehehe

Anonymous said...

I hope you saved some of your beeeeautiful lilacs for me!

Anonymous said...

Hey, We're stuck out here in alberta a thousand miles from our new flower bed, so I'm enjoying yours vicariously! This is my favorite time of year!

Anonymous said...

I too am feeling the excitement of spring in my garden. Each day offers something new and something green. Gotta love it!!