Not much to report today except that I had a good one. And, my office at the church is finished! Hooray! Now I have a place to work. It's tough doing it at home on the kitchen table. Only problem is that now I no longer have a "good" excuse for my disorganization.
There is a "Video Stop" store about one block from my home. It's smaller than some of the huge video rental places around town but it has more than enough selection for me. And...the best part about this place is that if you haven't returned your movie by 6:00 PM, they will call you with a reminder that your movie is due. How many places do that eh? They will only charge a late fee ($2.00) if it hasn't been returned by the time they open the next day. I think "Madeline at Video Stop" has our phone number memorized because she calls us so often. Wes and I don't watch too many movies but between us and the rest of the family living here in this old house, we are pretty good customers.
You see, I am not naturally a very organized person. I write most things down but all too often, the scrap of paper, napkin or envelope disappears and I can't remember the message or phone number. Every January I buy myself a nice new Daytimer and hope that this will be the year. Unfortunately, the Daytimer all too often languishes on a shelf, hardly used. I buy it in January because I can usually get one on sale so that when I dispose of it in December, I don't have to feel too guilty about hardly using it.
So, once again, this year I have every intention to be "more organized." I once asked Wes to teach me how to be more organized because to him, it seems to come more naturally. He looked at me and said "Huh? I don't know, you just do it." So, no lessons from Wes. He'd probably tell me to write my notes in a book or a planner and not on little pieces of paper which wouldn't help me anyway. He is gracious and very patient with me.
I don't make New Year's Resolutions because, I am seldom able to keep them. But, this year, I resolve to be more thankful for people like Madeline and Wes, who are willing to show me grace and understanding, accepting my foibles as part of who I am.
Now that's a resolution that I can keep.
3 comments:
maybe we should just buy a big pack of really nice napkins and some rings...every napkin with an important name or number gets shoved into the napkin ring at the bottom of your purse...
instant organization!
Alas, organization (or lack of it) is my albatross too :-( I just read a quote in a book I was reading on the bus this morning, that I believe shall be my mantra/excuse - "creativity can never be organized".
I used to be far more organized than I am today. Everything had its place and its slot... to the point of driving my family a little crazy. I guess I was at the opposite end of the spectrum. I needed to learn to relax a little. Life is more than a time table :-).
Post a Comment