It's only an 8 week course and I'm just about finished. I'll miss my classmates, 80% of whom are interesting, intelligent and fun people. But I think that teaching English to immigrants and foreign students will be a great challenge and plenty of fun too.
One of my teachers is teaching a class of young mothers, many who are not literate in their first language. Imagine the challenge of teaching people like that! Not only are you teaching them a new language, they are also learning how to read and write for the first time!
In a couple of weeks I start a practicum and then who knows where I'll be after that. No doubt it will be quite an interesting journey for my students and me.
4 comments:
So happy you are loving it!
I'm really proud of you.
Thanks Tena!
I'm thinking about a scene from the movie "Stripes", where the character Russell Ziskey was teaching an ESL course. You need to rent the movie to appreciate it.
Post a Comment