Monday, February 01, 2010

Note to self

When you put something into the freezer, remember to label it.

I took something that looked like pumpkin puree out of the freezer a few days ago and thought I'd make a pumpkin pie with it. As I mixed the ingredients together, I noticed some little red flecks but didn't think much of it. Kristen suggested that maybe it was a bit of pumpkin peel that got more red while in the freezer. It smelled good while it was baking although there was a definite curry smell to it. Someone suggested that it might taste good with a little mango chutney and sour cream.

Anyone want some pumpkin soup pie?

3 comments:

pamero said...

Ha ha ha! That is great. You could start a whole experimental cooking show-'Cooking with whatever the heck you left in the freezer'! Could be very, very interesting! And quite entertaining to watch!

veterankindergartenteacher said...

I always forget to label mine too.

Nicole said...

Super funny. This reminds me of a Christmas baking weekend with my sisters. After spending hours in the kitchen together I finally gave up half way through my final recipe: a failed attempt at chocolate truffles. I packaged up the mess of gooey chocolate balls. A few months later we had a fun surprise when the meatballs didn't actually turn out to be meatballs.