Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Working hard

Just in case you all thought we were lying on the beach drinking pina coladas, we're not.
The homes we're building are made of concrete block and yesterday, I had the task of priming the walls with a runny mixture of concrete and water. The bricklayer called it "soupa." One person would throw a cup of the mixture on the wall and then I would brush it with a broom. It is, I beleive, the messiest job I have ever done in my life. The shower felt mighty good.

6 comments:

Heather Plett said...

You look mighty cute like that! Despite the mess, you have a happy glow to your face.

ccap said...

Okay, I looove that shot!

mmichele said...

you look so young! like you've been playing in the mud!

Anonymous said...

lol

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when we were kids, you never could stay clean. Looks like fun.
Yvonne

Linda said...

Should have worn some lipstick.