We got home on Monday night/Tuesday morning, depending on which time zone we're thinking about. Today, all day, was spent packing. Wes knows how to pack, that's for sure. I do too but I'm much slower and I think about it...
All
Night
Long.
One day, I'll be sitting in my beautiful new living room thinking that this will have been all worth it but today, I'm just hoping to get through the day and manage to pack up the rest of the house.
We're actually doing very well in the packing department. Physically, that is. Mentally, I've got lots more to do and I tend to do that work around 3 AM, CST. Sucks.
El Salvador was an incredible experience and I think often about the people there as I pack up all of my material possessions. It would take a local Salvadoran about 2 hours to pack up I think, not counting the chickens, pigs, roosters, kittens, puppies and various other animals. It's taking me at least 2 days to do the same. What a strange world we live in.
El Salvador was an incredible experience and I think often about the people there as I pack up all of my material possessions. It would take a local Salvadoran about 2 hours to pack up I think, not counting the chickens, pigs, roosters, kittens, puppies and various other animals. It's taking me at least 2 days to do the same. What a strange world we live in.
On a very bright note, I saw my most amazing granddaughter today for the first time in 2 weeks. I must say, in my humble opinion, that she is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen.
6 comments:
I wondered why you were posting messgages on my blog at an ungodly hour.
I saw her for the first time on Sunday too, and I would agree - she IS a beautiful baby. Not just in the eyes of a biased grandma.
Packing to move is daunting.
so... how is it going?
She is beautiful!
We moved a year and a half ago. Just last week I stumbled upon a yet unpacked box.
Enjoy your new home!
Oh my... such a sweet grandbaby. :-)
Post a Comment