Tuesday, January 06, 2009

My dear sister Michele and her family have left Winnipeg for a trip of a lifetime. Much preparation has happened and finally, Monday morning they were gone. Jed the dog has been left behind and he is a little sad about that. I can't believe that for the next 6 months I will be the owner of 2 dogs. Imagine, in only a couple of short years I have moved from being a dog tolerator to a dog lover!
I will post some pictures for the benefit of Jed's family.

This is Jed's praying pose. He has been praying a lot. There are several possibilities as to why he spends so much time in prayer:

  1. He wants his family home soon, safe and sound
  2. He is concerned about the souls of the people he loves
  3. He wants a doggy treat
We are trying to help Jed remember his praying trick but it has been very difficult to teach Dixie the same thing. So, when we practise Jed's praying, we practise Dixie's staying. Neither dog seems to notice a difference between the two words and they are both happy with the treats they get as a reward.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very envious of your sister and her family.. heading off to warmer places. :-) Jed looks like a most agreeable fellow. I bet Dixie will love having him there.

mmichele said...

Aw.. thanks for the pictures. Our sweet Jed. I am glad Dixie is there to keep him happy.

Tonight we are at the home of two dogs... Pixie and Sunny... they are small but sweet.

Bert said...

They are gone for 6 months ??!! Wow.