Tuesday, January 20, 2009

i just watched the inaugural address.

Wow.

Barak Obama's speech was one of incredible hope. I was inspired as were millions of Americans, I'm sure. He has a huge job ahead of him and people will begin to criticize him as soon as he opens his mouth on his official first day. But today, there is hope.

The benediction was also inspiring. The man who spoke it (I didn't catch his name) had such a vision for the world and for peace. If there were more Christians like him, this world would be a much better place.

The best part of the whole thing? After the speech, he turned to his family and Malia, his eldest daughter nodded her head and told him that it was a pretty good speech. I don't read lips but I could swear she said, "You rock dad."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the world needs now is hope, sweet hope.

I think we just may have it. :-)

Bert said...

I really beg to differ, but seeing as how this is not a political blog, I won't go further. I think the US is still in the honeymoon phase, and reality will set in in a little while.