Yesterday I visited with an old friend, a second cousin actually, who is in Winnipeg visiting her daughter. We figured that it was probably more than 30 years ago since we saw each other but it seemed that the years melted away as we updated each other. There's something about family, even when it's "once removed", that makes conversation easy. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Ella and her Winnipeg family.
Kristen comes home on Friday! I am so looking forward to seeing her! She's taking along a few friends, who will stay overnight and then fly home on Saturday. She may also be taking along some unwanted visitors-bed bugs. Seems that some of the kids picked them up while in Vancouver. I will be doing lots and lots of laundry before anything comes into my house on Friday night. Yuck!
The house is still on the market. We have had about 35 showings without an offer. I'm usually okay with it all but it is getting tiresome. I will be glad when things are settled. Wes has a feeling that it will be sold by Christmas. I hope he's right.
I have stopped watching the news. I am so sick and tired of the politics that is happening in our country that I cannot watch anymore. This is no longer about the economy. It is all about power and political posturing and I am sick of it.
I am loving taekwondo. There is no stress reliever like kicking a bag. It has been about 8 years since I quit and I am amazed at how my body remembers what it is supposed to do. I thought I had forgotten many of the moves but it has taken me only a couple of months to get back to where I was.
We are still having our family dinners most Monday nights. For the last few weeks after dinner we have been playing Christmas carols. A piano, 2 violins and a cello. That is music to my ears and a good way to end this boring, random post.
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! Say hi to John and Ella from us. We tried to look them up when we were in Edmonton, but they were still 6 hours away.
I like "boring random posts". I'm also jealous of the monday night gatherings... although if they were here I wouldn't even be able to make it half the time.
Monday night family dinners sound so wonderful. Now that my kids are all married it just isn't that easy to get us all together that often.
I too am fed up with our political happenings.. almost to the point of being embarrassed.
Post a Comment