Monday, August 11, 2008

Greatest Birthday Gift

My daughter-in-law Carolyn is one of those people who give a lot of thought to the gifts she gives. One of the very endearing things about her is the fact that she cannot wait to give her presents away and it is not unusual for me to receive something early.

So when Ben and Carolyn came by on Saturday with my birthday gift, I wasn't too surprised. A couple of bottles of wine and some delicious cheese. They knew that with selling the house and all, I didn't want anything that I would have to move. But the real surprise was in the card they gave me:

Yup. That's right. I'm gonna be a grandma, for the first time. Woo hoo! The whole family's thrilled!

9 comments:

Larissa said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

mmichele said...

It is a thrill, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Oh Congratulations! You are going to love it.
Tena

Judy said...

OH! How wonderful!

Really, truly. This will be the most perfect baby you have ever seen. Of that, I am sure!

Bert said...

Cool. Congratulations granny.

ccap said...

Very, very cool! Congratulations!

Valerie Ruth said...

whoooo hoooo!!

Heather Plett said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! Just think - this kid will have some of the coolest grandparents around - the kind that still do long bike trips.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Wonderful News. Yay!!