Well, it's gone.
On Monday, November 26, my uterus was removed with surgical precision. It had successfully carried 4 babies to term and for that I'm grateful. Lately however, it had been giving me such grief that it was becoming increasingly hard for me to function normally. So when my doctor said, "Let's just take it out" I jumped at the chance.
I'm supposed to take it easy for a couple of weeks, which isn't much of a hardship. Who wouldn't love a few weeks on the couch, reading, writing, meditating and watching DVDs? Every now and then I get up to go to the washroom, check out blogs and emails or just walk around, trying to get my strength back. I've got Medardo and Mauricio vacuuming, Tim cooked supper last night and Kristen took the dog for a walk this morning. They're all pretty willing to take up the slack. Not a bad way to convalesce, I'd say.
I'm feeling uncreative and uninspired so there might not be anything too interesting on this blog for a while.
Just thought I'd let my faithful readers know what's going on.
9 comments:
Thanks for the update...I had no idea
I've been a delinquent friend - I had good intentions of phoning you after the surgery, but haven't gotten around to it. Sorry. Glad to see you've emerged in the blogosphere.
au revoir sweet uterus.
That seems pretty major. I wish you well.
Hmmm. No one told us, either. Does Mom know ?.
Get better soon.
Hope you're feeling better soon. For now let others spoil you.
Tell Yvonne it was nice to have her husband over for a visit.
Tena
hey - i work in gyne now! oncology mind you, but gyne none-the-less. hope you heal fast.
Isn't there like a three month recovery for that?
I would need that long.
Don't tell my family that it isn't so!
Take good care of yourself!
Glad to hear the deed is done. I hope recovery is well on it's way.
Post a Comment