I just had to get rid of that picture on my last post and my only option, besides deleting it, is to write another post.
My brain isn't working too well these days. Lack of sleep is the major culprit but when you live with 4 teenagers/young adults, there is often a fair bit of activity happening after one retires for the evening. I had the pleasure of a nap on the couch this afternoon. I love naps.
A friend came over earlier this week and we talked about my kitchen. I have a huge kitchen, with lots of cupboard space but it isn't set up in a very organized manner. When we first moved in (13 years ago) I didn't give much thought as to where things should go. Over the years I've made a few changes but things are still disorganized. It will be good to utilize my friend's suggestions. I just wonder why I waited all these years to do this, especially when we are planning to put the house up for sale in the spring?
It won't be easy to leave this place. It is a beautiful, old house with gorgeous woodwork, lots of windows and lots of space. It's in a great location and there are huge trees all around. We're trying to prepare ourselves for the reality that our next house will be very different. I'm not usually too attached to things but this old house has seen some of our best living. It will be strange driving by it one day and pointing it out to my grandkids as the house we used to live in.
The real estate market is sizzling in Manitoba. I used to be more worried about selling our house than about buying another one. Those worries have been turned around. I think we'll be able to sell more easily than it will be for us to find something that's right for us.
But now is a good time to move and while my heart is not ready, my head knows we need to do it. Besides, we got bitten by the travel bug when we were in Italy and we want to do more of that. A smaller house will make that easier.
There's a new coat of paint on most of the inside and outside, the carpets have been replaced and other repairs have been made. This house is the spiffiest it's ever been. In a few weeks, the kitchen will be organized, as it should have been years ago.
So, if you live in Winnipeg and are looking for a gorgeous house, with lots of room and a to-die-for-kitchen, give me a call and we'll talk.
I just may have to ask you for visitation rights.
5 comments:
Oh no, here I thought that this would be a great place for us to buy but we don't live in Winnnipeg.
:)
It really is a nice place but I think it's mainly because of your gift of hospitality.
from what i remember of your house - it's lovely. i love old houses with character. perhaps we could trade - want to live in St Norbert???
val best be planning for lots of kids if you're going to house trade.
You'll have to talk George into building one for you.
I think it is always hard to leave a place that has been home. But then again.. most of what makes a home will be leaving with you. :-)
Post a Comment