Friday, November 23, 2007

It's a Dog's Life

Today's post is from Dixie.

Oh, what a busy, busy morning. Linda, is doing some housecleaning today and I need to follow her everywhere she goes.

I enjoy housecleaning days because if I'm lucky she'll leave a garbage bag lying around in the kitchen and I get to check out it's contents.

I love playing the broom game too. Linda gets the broom out, moves it across the floor and I chase it. I love this game but it seems to frustrate Linda. When she has her little pile of stuff that she has swept up, I always like to check it out because there might be something yummy in there, just like the garbage.

When she gets down on the floor to do something, I sniff at her hair and try to plant loving doggy kisses on her cheeks. She doesn't seem to enjoy this so much but I keep trying. One of these days she'll come around.

The vacuum is a little scary. It makes a really loud sound that I don't like but it's kind of like the broom. I like to chase it, although when it moves too fast, I need to get out of the way. Right now, Linda's cleaning it out and muttering something about dog hair. I don't know what she means by that. Fortunately, she doesn't seem to enjoy the vacuum so much either so it doesn't come out too often.

Well, she's on the computer now so I best be getting into my favourite place to sleep and relax. Good thing she doesn't clean house too often. I'd be exhausted all the time!

4 comments:

Bert said...

You know, you had me going until the hair sniffing and doggy kisses part.

Anonymous said...

That was funny!!! Thanks for the laugh.

Larissa said...

LOL! I SO know what you mean. My dog does the exact same thing. Sometimes I walk around my kitchen table to see if she'll actually follow me around that many times. She always does...

joyce said...

canèt wait to get our pup into the house!