Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

This is my first Thursday Thirteen. I've never been able to get all the way to 13 but today, I will.

  1. I was at Costco today. And Superstore. And Sobeys. Yuck. I was looking for the best deal on bone-in chicken breasts for a catering job that we are doing on the weekend.

  2. Prices on bone-in chicken breasts do not vary much between grocery stores here in Winnpeg.

  3. I think I didn't save any money by driving to all three places and then ending up at the first place I went.

  4. Reusable grocery bags are great. I use them all the time. But when "chicken juice" gets spilled in one and is not cleaned out, it can make your whole car smell like a dead mouse. Yuk.

  5. Jed came over to play with Dixie today while Michele and I practised together.

  6. Dogs are like toddlers. They always want to play right where you are. They knocked Michele's music down a few times.

  7. Dixie finds my foot going up and down on the damper pedal on the piano fascinating. To her it is another thing to play with.

  8. I will have to cover my plants tonight. I knew I was taking a chance when I planted in early May that there could be frost so I'm not surprised.

  9. Our itinerary for our amazing trip to Tuscany in the fall is finished. I'll post that one of these days soon.

  10. We haven't been biking as much as we'd like because it's been so wet and nasty. I'm expecting perfect weather in Tuscany so I think I should practise biking only in perfect weather.

  11. We do need to find some hills in Manitoba to bike on before our trip. I understand that Tuscany is quite hilly and this prairie girl is only used to flat land.

  12. CBC Radio 1 has moved over to the FM dial. I am so happy because now, the really bad songs they play sound just a little better.

  13. I am posting this on Friday because I just finished it today. The story of my life. Start something one day and finish it just a little later than the deadline.

6 comments:

mmichele said...

just go back and forth on disraeli, for hill practise.

Krista said...

More hill practice suggestions: If you want a bit of a longer trip and more difficult terrain to practise on, try the Trans Canada trail in Spruce Woods.

Anvilcloud said...

Biking in a hilly area will be quite interesting for you. Sarnia was a flat as your area; this area isn't.

ccap said...

#10: Cute!
#11: There are some hills (and some beautiful country) where I grew up. WAY more hilly than here anyway.

Dale said...

Tuscany??!! Lucky girl! Please post your itinerary ... so I can get jealous.

Anonymous said...

CBC Radio 1 on FM?? Do you know the FM station number. I am a fan.

Good to know about the price of chicken being similar in all three locations. I think you have just saved me some gas. :-)